- Category: Positions Vacant
Shoalhaven City Council's Breavement Services , on the New South Wales South Coast, has a casual job opportunity to provide high level customer service to Funeral Directors, the bereaved, the community and other stakeholders in the bereavement services sector, as well as assist in the efficient running of services.
What will you be doing?
Reporting directly to the Manager – Bereavement Services, the focus of this position is to:
- High level customer service to Funeral Directors, the bereaved, the community and other service providers and associated people or organisations with interests or responsibilities in the bereavement services sector
- Professional guidance in choice of interment sites, memorials and related services
- Procurement and arrangement of installation of memorials
- Efficient and effective administration of Council’s Bereavement Services Unit
- A high level of sensitivity and respect for the deceased and the bereaved in the carrying out all duties
What we are looking for?
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current NSW WorkCover accredited First Aid Certificate
- Ability to understand cultural and religious differences
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to cope with other peoples’ distress
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in emotional situations and display competence and compassion
- Demonstrated effective time management and prioritisation skills with the ability to balance competing workloads and deliver within deadlines
- Demonstrated computer and keyboard skills and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Desktop Publishing
How to Apply
You are not required to address all selection criteria outlined in the Job Description. You will be required to upload a brief cover letter (no more than 2 pages) and a resume.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions and questions regarding general information about you. The position related questions you are required to address are shown below.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- What interests you about this position?
- Please outline your experience in finding solutions for business stakeholder needs.
- Please describe any experience you have handling sensitive issues
- Give an example of how you made a positive contribution to a team and what the outcome was.
Applications Close: Sunday, 22 September 2019