The Cemeteries & Crematoria Association of NSW (CCANSW) invite you to the November 2019 Conference being held 14th - 15th November 2019 at Mercure Orange, Orange, NSW.
Conference Attendance Incentive:
Financial CCANSW Full Members are entitled to one free conference registration to all Thursday and Friday activities. For many Full Members, all you will need to pay for is accommodation, breakfast and travel! This incentive is a win for all members. Affiliate and Associate members will benefit from having more of their clients and potential clients (Full Members) at the one event, providing huge networking opportunities.
This is the premier and only event in NSW & ACT for the cemetery and crematoria industry.
Will include a number of highly relevant industry presentations and a tour to Orange Cemetery:
- ·Florence Jaquet: “The Psychology of Design”
- ·Dr Maciej Henneberg: “Precise and Respectful Recovery of Buried Human Remains”
- ·George Simpson: “Exploring the possibility of grave reuse in a way that meets family needs”
- ·Dr Philip Bachelor OAM: “Cemeteries of the Great War: Legacy of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission"
- ·Terry King: “Cemeteries as Community Use Assets”
- ·Dr Kerrie Noonan: “Going Beyond the Taboos: evidence based community engagement around loss and death”
- ·Cemetery Tour to Orange Cemetery.
Will include further industry presentations, the CCANSW AGM and EGM:
- ·Katherine O’Regan: “Leading Advocacy”
- ·Steffanie von Helle & Charles Latimer: “CCNSW Strategic Projects”
- ·Unearthing the Right Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Tools. How ICT packages can assist cemetery operators in meeting the requirements of Part 4, Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2013.
— Introduction. Pamela Green: “Unearthing the Right Tools”
— Michael Williamson: “Cemetery Management Solutions, beyond just the record keeping”
— Neil Sherrin: “Enabling World Class Cemetery Management”
— Joanne Wills: “Spatial Application of Mapping Cemetery Data”
- ·Extraordinary General Meeting and Annual General Meeting: Updating attendees on industry activities and issues.
Detailed information on speakers and topics are featured on the following pages.
- ·Thursday’s Principals Sponsors Dinner: Join delegates at Racines, a fine dining vineyard restaurant. Dinner will be held in the Apple Packing Shed, providing a rustic and atmospheric experience.
- ·Friday’s Principals Sponsors Dinner: Join the party, with dinner at the Greenhouse of Orange restaurant. The Greenhouse provides an idyllic refuge to relax, chat and celebrate with new and old friends. A fitting conclusion to the conference.
On Thursday morning delegates will can join a coach tour to visiting Orange General Cemetery, a tranquil
place for quiet reflection. The grounds are steeped in history, with the oldest surviving headstone dating back to 1854. The cemetery has a historic monument section, which is now closed to burials.
The denominational lawn sections include Roman Catholic, Anglican, Greek Orthodox, Independent, Methodist, Uniting, Plymouth Brethren, Baptist, Congregational, Salvation Army, Bahai, a baby lawn and a Natural Burial section. A number of the denominational lawn sections are also now closed to new burials and are only available for burials if allotments have been reserved. The cemetery continues to cater for people with existing burial rights in both the monumental section and the lawn sections.
The Greenhouse of Orange private function room forms part of the Orange Ex-Services' Club. This beautiful venue will offer guests a sense of space, light and elegance. After formalities, guests will be able to take advantage of the private courtyard with subtle fragrances of fresh garden herbs.
Mercure Orange is located at the heart of the Orange Central Business District. It is near many local wine bars, restaurants and quality shopping hot spots.
The Mercure is part of the Orange Ex Services Club complex, the CCANSW conference venue, ensuring guests can enjoy the convenience of staying onsite, when attending the conference.
On Saturday, should you wish to participate in a wine tasting tour, we recommend you book direct with Orange Wine Tours. On the full day tour, you will visit 4 award winning cellar doors, have the opportunity to select cool climate wine varieties from aromatic dry whites to light and delicate red wines. Full tour details can be located on the Orange Wine Tour website
The conference will give members the opportunity to gain industry specific information. Delegates will hear from and talk to leading industry specialists, providing you with excellent learning knowledge. It will provide you with a platform to network with people who understand and identify with your issues and concerns. Don’t miss it!